Our client is an international investor with one of the largest assets and pipeline within solar PV in Central Europe. Currently due to a regional expansion in other parts of Europe, the organization is looking for a Group M&A Director for its European Operations. The M&A Group Director supports the company’s growth targets by sourcing and executing M&A asset and portfolio opportunities in large-scale solar (typical portfolio sizes of 85-100mw with 500-600mw acquisitions envisaged per annum), projects in Europe. The ideal candidate has experience modeling renewable energy project financials, a creative problem-solving attitude, and the ability to multitask within a multifunctional team based in London, Warsaw, Switzerland, Hungary and other locations across the continent.
The person Will have the responsibility for Execution of selected transactions – based on a defined asset strategy development and Will support the project identification efforts by identifying possible projects for acquisition in different geographies. Additionally the M&A Director will:
- Design and structure transactions based on long-term asset partnerships in interaction with potential or existing partners/investors
- Ability to effectively lead diverse transaction teams;
- Hold accountability for budget and time transaction targets
- Continuous financial and qualitative analysis of a defined number of transactions and transaction opportunities
- Maintain an in-depth collaboration with the engineering and construction, legal, asset management and origination departments.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A business or analytical/quantitative degree, with at least 8 years of experience in the area of Finance, Economics or Mergers &Acquisitions; MBA, CFA or similar postgraduate degree considered a plus
- Deep knowledge of the renewable energy markets, generation technologies and investor markets ideally across Europe
- Several years of experience in transaction structuring and management
- Commercial and business development experience, in order to align the M&A area with the company’s goals.
- Comfort in managing relationships with senior stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with key project contracts: Power Purchase Agreements, Generator Interconnection Agreements, Equipment Supply Agreements, Partnership and Purchase and Sale Agreements, and Operations & Maintenance Agreements;
- Understands financial models, risks, rewards, and what propels value in greenfield projects / M&A opportunities
- Excellent Communicator and facilitator with outstanding negotiations and analytical skills
Our client offers:
Competitive salary and bonus package
Life and health insurance
Trainings among other benefits