Our client is one of the most dynamically developing investors in renewable energy infrastructure in Europe and the Americas. For their European team we are now looking for a Group Due Diligence Manager.
In this position you will work very closely with the Technical Due Diligence and Project Teams evaluating any technical or permitting risks involved with the projects being evaluated for acquisition and will be responsible for facing financing institutions and their technical enquiries about the projects. Therefore we are looking for someone technically strong but with excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of an additional European language would be a plus.
Additional to the above you will be focusing on the technical aspects of the project, including the estimated production of the renewable assets, the technology used, the civil and electrical design, the status of permits, licenses, and authorisations all over Europe with the help of external consultancies and internal resources. In addition, this review may also include visits to operating plants or sites, audits of equipment manufacturers, monitoring of asset construction, etc. Therefore flexibility to travel is preferred.
You will also review technical reports provided by external consultancies or advisors.
Your key role will be in supporting the transactional team in Europe and other locations by providing your technical expertise and analysis during the M&A process.
We are looking for:
- An expert in solar energy projects with a documented knowledge of technical DD in large scale energy generation projects
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in solar project development, engineering and construction.
- Experience in liaising with financial institutions or writing reports for financial entities for project finance or project acquisition purposes.
- Excellent communication skills in English, allowing fluent communication in both a written and verbal form.
- High analytical skills, able to predict possible outcomes and propose risk prevention technologies and procedures
- Experience in liaising with different departments internally and also managing the work of external subcontractors
- Good understanding of financial terms involved in projects.
- Open to travel
Our client offers- an attractive salary and benefits package with the possibility to grow in an international team of experts.