Our client is one of the key investors in renewable energy projects around the world and a leading company expanding now considerably in different parts of the world, with projects already under operation. They are now looking for a Foundations Engineer to suupport the Head of Foundations for the development of technical solutions for fixed bottom offshore foundations, from design to commissioning, in respect to time, costs, safety, quality and interfaces.
Foundations Engineer will provide support for the definition of technical solutions, management of contracts with external suppliers, definition of CAPEX and OPEX estimates, preparation of tenders, management of R&D projects, technology watch, etc.
The tasks of the Foundation Engineer will cover different phases of offshore wind projects, including but not limited to: Design, Certification, Fabrication, Transport, Installation, Storage, Logistics and Commissioning.
Foundations Engineer will also provide support to all interfacing technical packages (Wind Turbines, Transport and Installation, O&M, etc.) and key external stakeholders such as the supply chain and regulatory bodies associated with the areas of responsibility.
- Define, in collaboration with other Technical Areas, a strategy for foundations in early phase projects: type of foundations to be considered, schedule, technical solution validation, suitability assessment, supply chain assessment, etc;
- Manage/support for the management of foundation design studies. This covers all the design phases from preliminary conceptual design to detailed design;
- Risk assessment for fixed foundations: review of available data, identify main risks and mitigation measures, etc.
- Support the Site Investigation team from a foundations point of view. Review of site data, support for the definition of site investigation requirement (geotechnical and geophysical surveys), etc;
- Prepare/manage design inputs required for foundation design studies. Manage design interfaces with other technical packages (WTG, Electrical, T&I, etc.)
- Prepare, in collaboration with Energy Assessment team, required foundation inputs and documentation for layout optimization work;
- Prepare required foundation inputs and documentation for tenders and bids, including risk assessment and risk mitigation measures, concept design description, etc;
- Prepare/define technical inputs for foundations CAPEX estimates, in collaboration with Procurement team for financial modelling;
- Prepare/define technical inputs foundation OPEX estimates in collaboration with Procurement and O&M teams for financial modelling;
- Participate to due diligence for M&A projects, providing additional technical support as required;
- Manage the foundation RFP processes in collaboration with Procurement. Preparation of tender documents, technical evaluation of offers received, etc;
- Support the Head of Foundations for management of design, certification, fabrication, and commissioning of offshore foundations and related items in accordance with in- house engineering, Q&A, and HSSE procedures;
- Identify/propose potential cost reduction measures to ensure competitiveness; actively look for alternatives including innovation to reduce the costs;
- Organise technological watch for foundations related topics: design, fabrication, transport and installation, etc;
- Define/update design procedures for topics such as scour protection, corrosion protection, foundations access and egress, etc;
- Assessment/evaluation of innovative technologies, new suppliers, etc.
- Manage/support for the management of R&D projects related to foundations.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learnt are shared between different Ocean winds
projects. Build up technical database at corporate level.
Master Degree in Engineering (Aeronautics, Industrial, Electromechanical or comparable field). Other Master disciplines may be considered when back-up by extensive professional experience
Fluent in English. Ability to read, write and speak other languages will be a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in offshore wind industry, particularly on foundations
- 3+ years of experience dealing with foundations, design, fabrication and construction
- 3+ years of experience performing technical due diligence, assessing technology
maturity, design risks and mitigations measures
- Experience in both foundations designer, manufacturer and project developer side is an
- Knowledge of technical standards and industry practice across the different disciplines associated with the foundation package is desirable.
- Specific knowledge about the structure design processes and offshore installation is required.
- Knowledge of project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multi-package construction projects is desirable.
- An understanding of the interfaces and interdependencies between the project’s work packages is required.
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems
- Proactive approach to optimizations and improvements
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team and to support (and manage
where required) the relationship with external stakeholders.
- A pro-active approach to project and contract management in order to identify risks
and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an
Job location will be Madrid. Flexibility to travel is required.
- Our client offers a relocation package if the person comes from outside of Spain, an attractive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, numerous trainings and yearly bonus for performance.