Our client is one of the largest offshore wind energy investors in the world. For their HQ in Spain they are now looking for a Floating Wind Fabrication Engineering for their global engineering team within the corporate technical department. He or she will be responsible for the fabrication engineering as part of floating offshore wind farm development and tender processes, in collaboration with other technical, commercial, legal and business areas. He or she will develop the floater design and fabrication methods towards industrialization, to achieve the required fabrication times for large floating wind farms, together with floater designers and fabrication suppliers.
- Review floater engineering documents, including fabrication drawings, reports, data- sheets and other specifications from floater designer and fabrication contractors. This will include topics such as steel processing, welding and assembly, coating and other corrosion protection systems, equipment commissioning and load-out methodologies. Perform engineering spot checks and 3D modelling of floater design as needed to support the engineering review for projects under development. Support the project teams in discussions with suppliers and 3rd parties during engineering and fabrication stages.
- Responsible for the fabrication strategy analysis, construction schedule, technical solution validation, scope of fabrication for the different early stage development projects and tenders, in collaboration with other Technical Areas as required.
- Responsible of developing required documentation for floater fabrication RFP as: Employer’s Design Requirements, Technical Specifications, Project Procedures, Scope of Works, Bill of Quantities, Responsibility Matrix, Construction Schedule, Consents requirements, Physical Interface Registers (PIR), etc… with all packages within OWFs (subsea cables, installation, substations and WTG), in collaboration with other Technical Areas as required.
- Provide technical support during RFP process: Answer Q&A, participate in clarification meetings with Bidders, visit to manufacturing yards, perform technical evaluations, provide Technical recommendations for shortlist and preferred bidder, potential optimizations identification, lead Technical discussions for floater fabrication, support other departments in discussions with Bidders, etc…
- Ensure required HSSE measures are implemented in all the floater fabrication activities at the early development phase of the Projects through direct communication with HSE Department. Collaboration with HSE Dept. for Safety by Design development.
- Provide recommendations to the Technical Direction on those tools, commercial software, hardware, services, data bases, etc… interesting to be acquired by the Team to keep good performance of the works. Develop and maintain in-house tools to facilitate and increase the performance of all related tasks for Fabrication of floaters for floating wind farms.
- Be up to date on new techniques, technologies and solutions developed by the supply chain for Fabrication works. Keep close relationship/interface communications with main players on the industry (fabricators, ship yards, floater designers, etc…) to share knowledge and topics related to fabrication processes. Ensure Lessons Learnt are captured and transferred across all Projects and geographies. Implement them at a Corporate level for future projects.
Internationally recognised Engineering or Science Degree in an Offshore Wind relevant discipline.
Strong command of English language, written and spoken. Other languages will be highly valued.
• You’ll have 5+ years of offshore fabrication engineering experience (office and yards), preferable within the wind or oil & gas industry.
- Good knowledge and experience in fabrication processes of large offshore structures, structural welding, NDE and coating inspections, etc…
- Good Knowledge of applicable industry standards and QA/QC best practices
- Knowledge in series production and automation
- Experience with 2D/3D modelling tools
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Strong sense of values and ethics
- Enthusiasm for the development of offshore renewable energy projects
Our client is offering a permanent position, relocation package if required for candidates coming from outside of Spain as well as an attractive salary and benefits package.