Our client is an international company focused on solar energy investments, EPC and development of their own projects and product manufacturing for the industry.
Currently for their Finance department in Warsaw, we are looking for a Financial Accountant for Central and Eastern Europe.
- Collect and organize daily economic transaction documents of the EPC companies, investment company, SPVs, project companies and Joint-Ventures, including but not limited to: invoices, bank slips, e-mail approvals, and keep regular records, accounting registration and archives.
- Represent Finance Department to review all documents of payments for project milestones, purchases, loans and business advances, payrolls, taxes and other general expenses. Guide the colleagues from various departments and countries to follow financial approval process. Coordinate with colleagues in China to initiate the payment request and act as the first accounting reviewer in the OA payment procedures.
- On a monthly or bi-monthly basis, handover the transaction documents to accounting firms in Poland, Romania and Bulgaria, provide basis information and follow up with their prompt provision of financial reports. For entities with local accountants, supervise local accountants for their prompt provision of financial reports.
- Communicate promptly with accounting firms and HR agencies, cooperate with HR Department to make sure payrolls and taxes are paid in time and compliant to local laws and company policies.
- Cooperate with finance teams, auditors and treasury teams in Chinese HQ for their information need, provide various business and finance statistics and reports as requested by them. Maintain a communication with local banks and professional institutions and reply to questions and doubts from the HQ.
- Learn and master accounting standard and tax regulations of Poland and EU, get to know the accounting and fiscal treatment of import, export, revenue and cost to ensure the compliance of the company.
- Other ad-hoc tasks designated by Finance Director.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant fields, with a minimum of 3 years work experience. Candidates without the above qualifications but with oversea subsidiaries of Chinese companies, or multinational companies, can be considered.
- Good knowledge of Chinese and international accounting standard/GAAP, as well as basic elements of accounting and financial report preparing.
- Fluent both in English and Chinese, able to be work languages. Knowledge in Polish is a plus.
- Solid command of computer skills such as Microsoft Office. Knowledge of accounting systems such as SAP and Optima is a plus.
- Diligent and hardworking, able to work under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong compliance and risk mindset are needed. Willing to work on a long-term basis in Poland and have business trips occasionally in Europe.
- Please note that this position involves communication with Chinese HQ and Chinese accountants, thus fluence in Chinese and English is required. The employed candidate will be hired by the Polish entity under Polish employment contract, rather than delegation agreement with a Chinese company.
Our client offers a B2B or permanent contract and additional benefits and trainings adhered to the role. Most of the role has to be performed from the office in Mokotów.