Our client is one of the leaders in solar and energy solutions for the commercial sector, also investing in utility scale projects. For their office in Warsaw we are now seeking a motivated and experienced Finance Controller to join their finance team in Poland reporting to the International Development Business Unit’s Finance Manager. The Controller will play a pivotal role in ensuring financial compliance, accurate financial reporting, and effective financial management across the region. This role requires a strong understanding of accounting principles, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
Reporting to the Country Manager and Finance Manager.
While ensuring accounting and tax compliance with the assistance of our external partners (accounting service providers) and the effective execution of your budget, your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee and manage the financial operations including compliance, invoicing, collections, and monthly closing activities.
- Manage all incoming invoices and control date of payments.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions, proper booking of invoices, and payment processing.
- Lead the collections process to optimize cash flow and reduce outstanding balances.
- Perform monthly closing procedures, reconcile accounts, and prepare financial statements in collaboration with dedicated external accounting service providers.
- Conduct thorough actual-to-budget analysis, identifying variances and providing insights to support decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial guidance and support for business initiatives.
- Monitor and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Prepare financial reports for management and stakeholders, highlighting key performance indicators and trends.
- Work closely with global treasury, accounting, and the management control teams at headquarters based in Lille.
- Undertake a training period outside of Poland to gain insights into company processes and financial strategies.
- Manage local treasury functions and establish a strong link with the global treasury team based in France.
- Provide guidance to finance team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
- Regarding the budget monitoring : analyze actual vs. budget performance, monitor landings reports and contribute to the budget planning process.
- For the projects, you’ll need to document and improve financial processes within the company’s wiki and participate in the implementation of new tools, such as an ERP system (Sage).
- Regarding the compliance : handling miscellaneous operations (provisions), managing intercompany transactions and reconciliations (including the documentation in close collaboration with the BU’s legal counsel) and ensuring compliance with KYC requirements for bank accounts.In a broader context, your role is to ensure, monitor, and document all financial routines to maintain and communicate updated and accurate financial information You will be based in Warsaw with the Polish Team.
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Solution-oriented mindset with effective time management and deadline adherence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business School qualification, with finance or auditing work experience.
- Fluent in English and Polish (additional languages considered an asset).
- Willingness to travel across the region and occasionally, to Brussels (Belgium) and Lille (France).
|Autonomy – Enthusiasm – Organisation – Initiative – Openess – Rigour – Perseverance – Versatility
CONDITIONS OF ACCESS TO THE POSITION
|– 3 years experience in a similar role
– Master’s degree required or significant experience
– Very good command of English and Polish