Our client is one of the largest wind turbine service and product providers in the market.
Currently they are looking for a SCADA engineer who can be located anywhere in Poland but will be responsible for projects in different parts of Central Europe and the Balkans.
During project execution customers and their technical IT-Representatives require technical support for system integration. Within the project organisation this role will be covered by the SCADA Project Engineer for the areas network architecture, communication interfaces, data base applications and IT-component configuration. Our mainly administrative tasks ensures that contract requirements and customer needs will be transferred to the responsible departments so that project specific components can be ordered and configured accordingly.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers being a company representative
- Reviewing and pursuing technical requirements
- Designing windfarm SCADA and Control cabinet
- Clarify windfarm remote access requirements (VPN, IPsec)
- Identify required Data access interfaces (OPC XML-DA, OPC-UA, SQL)
- Assess Virtual LAN interfaces for customer accessories
- Clarifying and aligning with special departments about development and implementation of customized solutions
- Organize, lead and report customer Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Support commissioning activities
- Organize, perform and report SCADA Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and Grid Code tests
- Give technical support to the Project Management during project execution
- Work hand in hand with Network and SCADA-Architect, Sales, and Service
- Engineering or technical degree in e.g. IT, computing, telecommunication or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience working as a SCADA engineer, e.g. in the wind industry
- Experience in commissioning and maintenance of server operating systems
- Good knowledge of Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of server virtualization solutions
- Knowledge of LAN, WLAN, WAN networking in Fortinet environment.
- Welcomed knowledge of protocols and standards used in the energy industry: DNP3, Modbus TCP, IEC-104, CIP (EIP, DevNet, ControlNet).
- Experienced and full professional proficiency in customer care to liaise in technical matters
- Very good English skills in writing and speaking
- Ability to work independently, process- and solution-orientated
- Good communication skills, comfortable communicating technical updates to a large organization and to customers
- High attention to detail and a solid commitment to quality
- Willingness to travel abroad (approx. 30%)