For our client, one of the most important investors in renewable energy sources in Italy, we are currently looking for a Project Engineer.
- SUPPORT TO M&A PROCESS:
- Collaborate with Business Engineering and Construction Area to perform Technical Due Diligences to acquire projects in different levels of Development performing CapEx estimations, risk analysis, technical reports…
- ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT:
- Execution of the development of engineering and designs in the different stages: pre-design, basic, executive and tender project, supervise technical feasibility of those ones assuring technical standards and project specific conditions.
- Challenge Technical Standards applicability and verify and justify deviations from them, to assure the technical solvency and the technical-economic efficiency of the projects.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes.
- Ensure strong communication between local E&C teams and Corporate Areas to facilitate exchange of information and to implement change, improvements and best practices
- ENGINEERING SPECIALIZED SUPPORT:
- Support the elaboration of the specifications for basic and executive projects; supervise the technical adequacy of them, ensuring the compliance with Company standard and other specific project restraining in close coordination with Corporate Areas.
- Provide specialized technical support in the tender processes and assists E&C teams and, if only indirectly, Purchasing Department in the adjudication negotiation to guarantee the best technical-economic conditions in the awarding.
- STUDIES COORDINATION: Coordinate and validate with other Technical Support Units the execution of specific key studies (collector system, reactive power compensation, foundation design, noises, electrical schemes or others) for its integration in the engineering project, to minimize the risk associated to the construction process.
- PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT: Establish relationships with the main suppliers and providers for the whole value chain in order to include the most efficient technical and economical options to the engineering designs for each site.
- COMMON STANDARDS: Assure the application of the common standards in the studies and projects, supervising its adaptation to applicable local regulation, to avoid non-justified deviations and maximize the investment efficiency with all the technical warranty needed. Detects the inconsistencies of Company standards to adapt them to company reality.
- COMPANY POLICY AND LEGAL COMPLIANCE: Understand and apply policies to prevent occupational hazards, environment and quality to ensure implementation and compliance on tasks under their responsibility.
Engineering degree in electrical energy or similar.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years’ experience in design and redaction of different kind of projects for wind farms, PV Plants, substations, storage systems and high voltages lines.
- HV/MV substations design.
- Knowledge of electrical schemes, protections and metering.
- Critical electrical substation equipment design.
- Reviewing and approval of equipment submittals.
- Working with vendors and manufacturers to specify the appropriate electrical equipment.
- Experience with TSO/DSO for the connection to the grid.
- Defining project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects.
- Experience in managing and supervision of engineering projects.
- Experience in coordination and planning in engineering teams and external engineering companies.
- Electric and civil works knowledge.
- English language.
- Normative and regulations.
- User level of office software.