For our client, one of the leading investors in Offshore Wind Project Development we are now searching for a Procurement Manager to join our Polish Team to work as the Procurement Manager for offshore wind projects in Poland. The Procurement Manager will assist or lead in commercial negotiations and contract delivery for the area of responsibility, aiming to achieve the best cost-effective conditions, lowering risk and ensuring the delivery of all products and services required for the different phases of the projects on time, on budget and with the relevant performance and delivery guarantees.
The candidate must demonstrate the focus and drive dedicated to the development and execution of the commercial and contracting strategy and the value creating for the Company across simultaneous projects in several geographies.
- PROCUREMENT PROCESSES – Implement and manage procurement processes in accordance with company’s guidelines, playing a pivotal role and involving as required other company areas such as legal, finance, technical or project management. These processes range from the identification of a product or service to the negotiation, assessment and awarding, reporting and obtaining the company approval. This also includes challenging the scopes of work to determine where unnecessary costs can be avoided or more value can be captured.
- CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT – Control and manage the contract negotiation, assisting not only the commercial, but technical and legal discussions, maintaining and holistic view of the contract, the company requirements, the risk and aiming to achieve best commercial conditions.
- SUPPLIERS MANAGEMENT – In accordance with department guidelines the procurement manager will be the focal point for all communications with suppliers for any particular procurement process.
- LOCAL SUPPLY CHAIN DEVELOPMENT – Actively participate in inititives aiming to develop local supply chain for offshore wind projects in Poland. Create and maintain relations with potential new suppliers.
- MARKET ANALYSIS – Contribute to trends and forecasts corporate tools within the market with respect to suppliers, prices, quality, availability or technological change.
Understand supplier’s capability to deliver products and services according to requirements.
- REPORTING – Responsible for reporting to the Project and Corporate Commercial Department.
- BUDGET AND PROGRAMME CONTROL – Responsible for compliance and regular follow up of budgets and programmes under its area of responsibility and advise and mitigate on potential deviations.
Degree in Engineering, Commercial or Law.
Fluent in English at negotiation level.
Fluent in Polish will be highly recommeded
Ability to read, write and speak other languages will be a plus.
- More than 5 years of experience. Solid skills and experience with sourcing of complex projects.
- Experience in the offshore wind or renewables industry desirable KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain management
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts, demonstrating transparency and overall value.
- Understanding of contract law (preferably FIDIC and/or LOGIC contract styles)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate, experience of MS Office packages (in particular Excel)
- Knowledge of Polish Offshore Wind Market will be a plus
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Willingness to work with contracts, pricing analysis and other department of the company
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Have a positive, result-oriented and proactive approach to wide range of tasks.
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Accountable, organised and able to prioritise
- Positive attitude and solutions focused
- Ability to work in a team and cooperate with other business units (effective communicator)