Our client is one of the largest and most successful investors in renewable energy and now is developing To ensure good environmental management procedures are adhered to across all sectors of the business unit. You will be leading the environmental specialist in managing all of the environmental elements of wind farm projects in development, construction and operation.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing contracting and management of contractors undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), including detailed content checks;
- Preparing Building Permit and ICPE applications;
- Analysing operational phase ecological studies (notably avifauna and bats);
- Reviewing construction contractor environmental documentation;
- Auditing project sites and contractors to ensure compliance with Permits and environmental obligations and follow-through on non-compliance issues (pollution, drainage etc);
- Delivering toolbox talks on environmental procedures and issues to external contractors;
- Liaising with and reporting to local Planning Authorities during all phases of projects ;
- Ensuring legislative compliance of all wind farm projects;
- Managing and reviewing the Environment Department budget;
- Reviewing country-specific procedures for Environmental, Waste and Complaints Management, and Emergency Response;
- Managing the ISO 14001 environmental management system (and its continued compliance and evolution) on all operational wind farms, involving close liaison with H&S, O&M and Asset Management Departments.
Graduate or Masters Degree in Environmental Science and/or Biology/Ecology.
5-10 years of relevant experience.
Languages: Local language is a must. Ability to read, write and speak English to a good level
- Knowledge of Building Permit and ICPE legislation and application procedures;
- Knowledge and understanding of national and European environmental legislation and Environmental Impact Assessment (competence in “ecology” is high valuable) ;
- Knowledge and understanding of Environmental Management Systems;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of environmental issues, processes and impacts, particularly linked to wind energy;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing skills (English and French);
- Good I.T. skills.
Other: Working knowledge of Geographic Information System (G.I.S) will be viewed as advantageous.
You need to be conscientious, self-motivated and an excellent communicator. You must be able to work well under pressure and confident in negotiating with colleagues and contractors. You will be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team.