Our client is an investor with over 30 years in investing in energy infrastructure. For their team in ITALY they are now looking for an experienced Environmental Expert, with knowledge of permitting and environmental impact assessment studies in order to support the environmental and project development team in this area. Additionally you will be:
- Working in collaboration with project development and project management teams, to ensure the correct management of the environmental aspects of the projects under development. Supervising the environmental viability of the sites location, the environmental impact assessment of the projects. Coordinate the environmental works and studies made by environmental consultants to achieve the delivery objective in terms of deadline and quality. Perform environmental due diligence for the acquisition of projects.
- Managing and supervising the follow up of the environmental metrics of all the projects since the beginning of the construction until the end to ensure the fulfilment of the Environmental prescriptions.
- Ensuring that the activities of the contractors and subcontractors are made in respect of the Environmental management systems of the company.
- Ensuring that all the activities of the company are performed according with the legislation in force;
- Participating to the internal and external HSE audits and inspections;
- Reviewing country-specific procedures for Environmental, Waste and Complaints
Management, and Emergency Response;
- Managing the ISO 14001 environmental management system (and its continued compliance and evolution), involving close liaison with H&S, O&M and Asset Management Departments.
- Organising and performing training on environmental matters.
2-3 years of experience in the role, preferably for renewable power plants.
Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences
Knowledge of the local Environmental Regulations (D.Lgs.152/2006); Environmental Impact Assessment; renewables project permitting; waste management; environmental management system (ISO 14001). Be a ENV auditor is a plus
LANGUAGES: English and Italian are a must
User-level command of Word, Excel and Access Use of ArcGIS software
Good communication skills
A salary offer of up to 40-45000 euros gross per year depending on experience, additional bonus for performance, trainings, life and accident insurance, company tools.