Our client is one of the key investors in renewable energy. Currently they are expanding their engineering team and looking for an Engineering Plant Manager to support the development and design of solar and wind large scale utility projects in Romania. Within the Engineering Romania (E&C Department), in this role you will have 4 main missions:
- Develop, supervise and coordinate the engineering of assigned projects (wind farms, photovoltaic plants, substations, HVL and the corresponding electrical connection).
- To provide technical assistance, especially during the development phase, to the other departments of the company in order to ensure the proper performance of the administrative procedures, compliance with deadlines, tenders process, the optimal construction and operation of the projects.
- Represent and Support the company among the various players in the wind and photovoltaic industries on the subjects of electrical connection to the TSO and DSO.
- Contribute to the technical and financial decisions of projects.
Participate in the implementation of best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- [PROJECTS] You will follow all the technical aspects of a portfolio of wind and solar projects, from development to commissioning. You will have to oversee the entire engineering of future Wind Farms and PV of this portfolio through various internal and external design offices. You will prepare and supervise all technical documentation according to the projects ‘schedules. You will oversee the technical compliance by ensuring compliance with the conditions set by the Development, Environment, Technical Support and Energy Assessment departments. You will have to asses and review the road and platforms according the WTG assembly strategy and WTG model. You will manage the Engineering Project form conception to the tendering phase and the hand-over of the projects to the Construction Manager.
- [CAPEX] Investment capital expenditure studies focused in civil and electrical works.
- [DUE DILIGENCE] You will give support to the Technical Due Diligences assessing the access to the development area, geotechnical studies, project for the BoP (Roads and Platforms, Foundations, MV, substation, HVL…), grid connection, noise study, electrical losses, capex and schedule.
- [TECHNICAL SUPPORT] You lend technical assistance to the Development and Operations departments to, respectively, validate the technical compliance of projects submitted to the Administration, and analyze any incidents that may occur on existing assets.
- [STANDARIZATION] You are responsible to assure the application of common standards and best practices in studies and projects, supervising their adaptation to the local regulations in force, in order to avoid any unjustified deviation and maximize the profitability of the project with all the necessary technical guarantees.
In accordance to this scope, the detection of possible inconsistencies of the internal standards at the company in order to adapt them to the regulations and to the reality of the projects will take a great importance among the main accountabilities.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS: Civil or Electrical Engineering.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 8 years’ experience in Engineering Companies dealing with Renewable Projects mainly Wind, Contractors or similar experiences in Developers. Experience dealing with Contractors and Subcontractors.
- Wind Farm Design
- Infraworks recommended
- Esperience in Renewable projects (Wind Farms, Substation and HVL)
- English language
- Proactive and resolutive skills
- Soft skills