Our client is an international company with experience in developing, building and operating solar farms. For its Trading department,responsible for offtake structuring, Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) negotiations and commercialization renewable production we are now looking for an Energy Storage Manager to join their team in Baar, Switzerland.
Storage solutions is the next step in green transition. We are strengthening our team and looking for a Storage Business Manager to develop storage business within our organization, able to work in a fast paced, high performing environment, reporting to CEO. You will be working closely with Engineering, Finance and Trading teams, you will be supported by O&M and Analyst teams. Your responsibilities will be:
- You will analyse and identify storage business opportunities in various markets, starting with Poland.
- Analyse regulatory environment, grid rules, developments and upcoming opportunities, investigate capacity auction system, develop a commercial business model and be responsible for successful execution.
- Take responsibility of managing the project, coordinating M&A, Financing, Engineering, Procurement, O&M, Trading teams, manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify best business practices for standalone as well as collocated systems.
- Manage capacity auction processes.
- Follow national and European regulatory changes and market reforms concerning battery storage regulation.
- Strong academic background, preferably a Master degree in the field of Economics, Engineering, Physics or Business Development.
- At least 5 years of experience in electricity markets. Previous experience with battery solutions, or experience working for DSO or TSO is a plus.
- Experience in project management related to battery development, renewable project development or other energy related projects
- Extensive industry expertise, comprehensive understanding of the energy market, including market practices for physical and financial energy trading, market regulation, renewable market related specifics, especially grid services and grid ancillary services market specifics.
- Entrepreneurial skills combined with a structured approach, ability to work independently, attention to details.
- Excellent team-player with very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is a must, Polish is a plus.
- Outstanding development possibilities in a dynamic, family-owned company environment with high ethical standards and a widely international team.
- Performance-oriented and friendly work environment with a great culture of honesty, reliability, and trust.
- An exciting challenge in a very successful and ambitious company that is a leading technology to finance firm in renewables with a multi – GW application portfolio globally
- Learning possibilities across renewable development sector.