Accountable to define and implement the business model for all activities related to storage technologies, with particular focus on short-term duration storage (e.g. lithium-ion batteries). To perform the job the candidate will, among other, lead the coordination of the economic model set up, identify and assess the most suitable technologies to optimize the technical and commercial solutions. The coordination implies the management, support and cooperation with a wide range of colleagues working in other corporate areas such as regulation, markets, M&A, energy management, engineering, etc.
Responsible to track and disseminate the knowledge regarding the evolution of storage market in Chile. The candidate will also monitor the legislation, policy and regulation in the Chilean electricity sector with the support of regulatory areas.
- Identify and assess all the key inputs required to perform the economic modelling of storage assets (stand alone and/or coupled to wind and PV power plants) to enable the valuation during the whole life-cycle.
- Support the M&A team and other corporate areas to set up the economic model that enables the company to value the interest of investing in storage assets or not.
- Coordinate the assessment of all opportunities enabling to invest in storage projects. Assess the opportunities and risks of investing in storage assets in Chile
- Support the development team and project management team to secure all the necessary land, interconnection rights, licenses, etc. to develop, install and operate storage assets.
- Monitor and track most suitable storage solutions (hardware and software) suitable for compsany´s business interest. Cooperate with corporate areas such as Procurement and Technology to engage with supply chain actors.
- Together with regulatory areas track and analyze public policy, regulations, norms…affecting company´s interest in storage in Chile as well as decide the assumptions for the company’s economic modelling. Participate in trade associations working groups.
- Together with commercial areas analyze and implement a plan to enable the commercialization of the energy delivered by the storage assets.
- Produce internal reports on demand about progress in all matters related to storage (technology, market, supply chain, commercial…) in close cooperation with other corporate areas.
- ACADEMIC LEVEL
- Engineering or Master Degree
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- In-depth knowledge of power markets, storage technology (mainly electro-chemical such as lithium-ion) and economic modelling. Familiarity with Chilean policy and regulatory matters in the power sector and storage in particular.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the power sector in Chile
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- Proficient knowledge of MS excel and modelling.
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Sufficient schedule flexibility to occasionally travel.