Our client is one of the largest investors of energy projects from renewable sources in the world. They are currently looking for a Business Developer for UK and Ireland within their Energy Storage unit. The mission of the Energy Storage Business Developer UK&Ireland is to support all the necessary actions in the origination, development and construction of energy storage plants in the United Kingdom and Ireland. In accordance with the company guidelines, the main goal will be the successful fulfillment of the business plan.
The person in charge will autonomously manage the local business from the identification of opportunities to the coordination of the internal teams (technical, legal, etc) reporting to the Business Unit Director.
We are looking for a proactive person with residence and experience in storage in UK to grow join for a new area of business with good growing expectations and challenges ahead.
MAIN TASKS IN THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
To explore, analyze and identify opportunities of energy storage plants in UK and Ireland.
- Qualify both co-located and standalone battery plants with a view to integrating them into the development process.
- Monitor and review new regulatory or legislative developments in energy storage and hybrid power plants in UK and Ireland.
- Monitor new technical developments and business models in energy storage and hybrid power plants.
- Analysis of market trends, business models and competitivity parameters of storage projects in UK and Ireland.
- Work closely with relevant teams in the company (technical, finance, regulation, others) during the development phase to reach the targets set by the management and ensuring that our commercial activities are optimal and compliant with internal processes.
- Support management in the evaluation and acquisition of energy storage plants during the development phases together with the relevant departments.
- Support in the creation of the business model of each opportunity in accordance with technological and commercial inputs.
- Build and animate your professional network creating strategic relationships with target counterparties and partners to enable the business goals.
- Represent the company with local public or private actors, state services and stakeholders in order to pitch the experience of the company.
- Support on the de-risking of projects and obtention of permits and authorizations during development, construction and commissioning.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
University Degree: Engineering, Economics.
Master in Renewables and/or Business will be a plus.
Languages: Proficient English. Very positive Spanish knowledge. Other EU language desirable.
Tools: Microsoft office suite
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 to 10 years of related professional records.
- Experience in a power development, commercial or trading environment, ideally with good understanding of UK/Ireland power markets.
- Experience negotiating commercial agreements in the power origination sector in UK/Ireland.
- Deep understanding of renewable energies and their development.
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative working environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Autonomous performance and ability to be self-trained.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to be self-motivated and to thrive in both collaborative and autonomous environments with the ability to receive and provide respectful challenge.
- Strong interest in environmental issues and renewable energy
- Ability to thrive in a deadline and target orientated environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Natural networker and team player, ability to build and maintain a network of contacts internally & externally.
- A commitment to continuous professional development.
Our client offers the possibility to grow within a developing organization, attractive salary and benefits package, trainings, among other benefits.