Analysis and data based decisions are critical to commercial success. Hence our client, an international investment firm, is looking for a versatile Analyst for its trading department, with the ability to look into problems from a quantitative way, able to work in a fast paced, high performing environment, reporting to CEO. You will be working closely with Origination, Legal and Finance teams, you will be supported by Engineering, O&M and Trading teams. Your responsibilities will be:
- Analyse new geographical markets, their regulatory environment, commercial potential, identify business opportunities.
- Analyse new business models and products, their risks and opportunities, resources needed to develop and launch.
- Analyse commodity markets, prepare fundamental analysis of power sector, develop internal future price curves.
- Collect, store, analyse and report on key commercial data: production data, prices, profile cannibalization risks, origination efforts, sale process efficiency. Provide data based analytical insights on how to improve internal processes to improve efficiency.
- Support internal teams with reliable and consistent data flows and analytical modelling.
- Analyse market trends, regulatory developments, prepare sensitivity analysis, scenario-based analysis and regulatory impact analysis to support commercial decision making and risk management.
- Strong academic background, preferably a Master degree in the field of Economics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Data Science.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in electricity markets: retail, trading or analyst role.
- Understanding and previous experience of application of market and regulator developments into quantitative modelling.
- Extensive industry expertise, comprehensive understanding of the energy market, including market practices for physical and financial energy trading, market regulation and renewable market related specifics.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills, as well as the ability to deal with high level of complexity.
- Profound Excel skills are expected, experience in programming is a plus.
- Attention to details, ability to work independently and delivery timely results.
- Excellent team-player with very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Outstanding development possibilities in a dynamic, family-owned company environment with high ethical standards and a widely international team.
- Performance-oriented and friendly work environment with a great culture of honesty, reliability, and trust.
- An exciting challenge in a very successful and ambitious company that is a leading technology to finance firm in renewables with a multi –GW application portfolio globally
- Learning possibilities across renewable development sector.
- Permanent contract with additional benefits such as private health and life insurance, yearly bonus