Our client is one of the leading developers and investors in large scale wind and solar projects in the world with a solid and long-term presence in Italy. Currently for their energy assessment team they are looking for an energy assessment specialist with knowledge of the wind and solar energy sector.
The Energy Assessment Engineer manages energy assessment analysis for a group of projects, including data management, site design and optimization, met campaigns modeling and production assessments.
- Manage energy assessment activities for approximately 50+ projects and 100+ met towers.
- Perform energy assessment analyses, including statistical analysis of data, wind flow modeling, technical loss evaluation, and uncertainty analyses
- Define and survey met mast operation, and specially in regard to quality of measurement and compliant with applicable rules.
- Provide analytic support for turbine suitability process
- Participate in the monthly data validation and troubleshoots sensor quality
- Provide site design and layout-optimization support
- Provide met campaign designs and coordinate with logistics and development on the implementation of campaigns.
- On-Site visit to open areas in countries worldwide.
- Support Development team in prospecting process
- Provide analytic support for commercial RFP process and financial pro forma models
- Specialization programming, remote sensing, CFD, and satellite imaginary and data recovery.
- Attend technical forums and International Committees.
- Master Degree in Engineering, Meteorology, or a related field
- Languages: Italian and fluent English.
- Proficient knowledge of Wind resource techniques, Microsoft Office software; basic knowledge Matlab, C+, and statistical methods.
- 3 years’ experience in performing energy assessment
- Strong commitment, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in complex partnership arrangements.
- Ability to drive subcontractors.
- Ability to work in team but also take initiative and be result oriented.
- Ability to make rational decisions, even when under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate different internal stakeholders without hierarchical link and to analyze multiple experts.
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven ability to learn new software programs.