Our client is an investor in renewable energy with over 30 years of experience in the sector. For their team they are searching now for a Project Development expert to support the project development process. Main areas of expertise of the position are
- Lead the coordination of wind and/or solar projects after 1 year of wind and/or solar measurement campaigns on site up to the time of construction.
- Accountable to obtain on time and on budget all permits, licenses, and authorizations necessary to implement and operate wind and/or solar projects assigned.
- Accountable for project budget until Ready to Build milestone.
- Accountable for project schedule. Coordinate project planning with Construction Manager. Engineering and Construction area.
- Manage the relationships with the landowners of the projects assigned once they have been contracted.
- Create, maintain an update data base with detailed information about the company and 3rd party projects.
- Monitor and manage market risks, preparing documented assessments with mitigating actions to be taken by the Head of Department and Executive Committee.
- Ensure targeted and full communication within the project team, company departments, suppliers and to all relevant stakeholders, to efficiently develop the project assigned using company standards.
- Support the Construction Manager and Technical Department preparing technical studies, mainly environmental and electrical ahead of construction.
- Support the construction activities as required, reporting to the Construction Manager
- Support the Head of Development in Chile to screen wind, solar and storage projects
- Support M&A transactions as required.
- Prepare and present project progress reports to the Executive Committee.
- Share lessons learned with the rest of the team and the organization.
- Represent the company in different events, as requested.
- ACADEMIC LEVEL
- Engineering, Business Administration.
- Desirable certification in Project Management (PMP or IPMA-C)
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
3-5 years of relevant experience in Wind and Solar Business in similar position
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
Desirable certification in Project Management (PMP or IPMA-C)
- Advanced English desirable
- Advanced Spanish
- SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Exemplary standards of integrity, ethics, quality, and productivity
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is paramount
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Team leader and team player
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical capabilities
- Strong market and customer orientation
- Committed to organizational results and best practices