Our client is one of the number one PV solar investors in the world with offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and South America among others. Currently for the group we are looking for a Director or VP of Project Management. In this position you will be responsible for the PM strategies, software tools, knowledge management systems incorporated in order to minimize risks, predict possible costs among others. The role should ideally be based in Baar, Switzerland, London, UK or Warsaw, Poland but home based options could also be valued in other locations in Europe. The role involves frequent travelling to meet the project teams.
Is accountable for:
- establishing and managing a standardized approach to infrastructure project execution and project management AND
- analyzing, planning and driving the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution.
- Independent verifying and advisory entity to executive leadership and the board with respect to individual project and project portfolio status and risk management
- Define, develop and manage the project execution methodology and framework, including establishing standards, tools and project governance expectations in accordance with the company’s requirements.
- Establish and implement a group-wide Project Management (PM) platform across all projects, technologies and regions.
- Establish and implement best practices with respect to project execution as it relates to the entire project value chain from financing to operations, with particular focus on EPC (engineering, construction, and procurement) principles, strategies and standards across the portfolio.
- In cooperation with the Group Chief Procurement Officer, establish and implement project controls, environment and capabilities in procurement and contract management to provide the requisite strategic sourcing for the group and embed in the ERP system.
- Oversee project and portfolio management strategies aimed at delivering and operating projects in a cost effective, predictable, and consistent manner. Work with all group managers to plan for project resource, forecast needs and ensure resources are allocated in the best interest of the company.
- Own the stage gate process for project development and construction phases, which includes defining the overall standard baseline gating criteria and assessing and reporting on individual project status against the criteria.
- Provide real-time standard project and consolidated project portfolio level status and forecast reporting to management and the board, including progress toward key milestones, risks, and issues to support corporate level strategic decision making.
- Define the project scope, schedule and deliverables for a group-wide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Propose and manage selected ERP implementation partner.
- Align closely with all internal stakeholders, consider their needs and expectations, and obtain board approvals.
- Provide end-to-end program management incl. overall project initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure.
- Escalate project issues to the executive management when needed. Profile
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in related fields, MSc preferred, e.g. Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Experience in project management, (renewable) energy and construction projects desired
The company offers the opportunity to grow within a dynamic team, attractive salary and benefits, private health and life insurance, company tools, among others.