Reporting to the Project Director and Steering Committee this function aims to ensure the origination of offshore wind projects, their overall correspondent development, i.e. technical, environmental, general permitting process, supply chain, financing) and optimization.
The function shall cooperate closely with the Project Director under his direction on:
- Leading any activity in relation with the development of the Project/s with emphasis on (i) identification of the sites, (ii) wind and metocean studies, (iii) detail engineering and specific marine studies while controlling the quality and consistency of all studies, surveys and reports within the technical workstream
- Liaise with specific key suppliers and promote supply development
- Lead, and take responsibility for the following work packages (i) procurement, (ii) financing, (iii) construction, (iv) asset management and (v) operation & maintenance, that might be related to the sites identified and in preparation for further competitive processes.
- Ensure regular follow up of the development budget and programme and advise on potential deviations and mitigate deviations where possible.
- Liaise with other project departments allowing the projects to obtain all necessary consents for the offshore wind farms and associated transmission (offshore and onshore)
- Provide all support necessary to deliver the projects including reporting, lobbying activities, stakeholder liaison and technical due dilligence
- Guarantees an effective management of the suppliers once contracted, detecting and reporting problems and proposing potential solutions and establish the specifications for contracting supplier
- Ensure the coordination with the Public Affairs & Stakeholders Manager, Technical Work Packages and Project Controls.
BSc/Beng/MSc degree in Engineering or Business Administration
The project has an international team of employees and the working language is English.
Candidates need to be fluent in Greek both spoken and written. Other languages will be highly valued.
- Between 10 years’ experience. More than 10 years’ experience within a professional company (e.g. Utility, consultancy, Government Agencies, EPCI contractor) with direct experience of the renewables industry / transmission infrastructure delivery and/or the consenting/planning process.
- Enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated worker with long term ambitions in the renewable sector.
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a multi-disciplinary team across a number of specialist areas and organisational cultures.
- Demonstrated skills in communication across a variety of end groups.
- Organised and efficient with an ability to multi-task and work to challenging deadlines.
- High standard of report writing and presentation skills
Location in Athens, but travelling to supplier’s facilities and offices, local and international travelling is required.