Our client is one of the leading IPP in the world now developing a team of professionals in Korea. One of the key roles will be that of a DD Project Engineer, whose role will be to provide technical support and cooperation with the origination team of the organisation’s International Growth platform for the analysis of business opportunities and initiatives in South Korea, compiling, processing and analyzing the technical information needed the project assessment, in order to ensure the application of uniform criteria when considering different investment alternatives enabling the best selection of projects.
- Technical assessment of potential new projects: Perform the technical analysis of the project documents, for both Wind/Solar PV Power Plants projects, available and the project site visits in order to assess al the technical matters with any relevance such as:
- Access to the site: route survey
- BoP Civil works: geology and geotechnics, hydrology, roads and crane pads, foundations, etc.
- BoP electrical Woks: MV collection system, DC and AC electrical system, grounding
- Electrical Interconnection: project substation, HV line, interconnection substation
- Electrical system studies: grid code compliance, load flow studies, short circuit analysis, and others according to the TSO/DSO and Grid Operator requirements.
- Administrative projects: assessment of current state and identify needed following steps
- Technology: selected technology, wind turbine or solar PV principal equipment.
- Environment: infrastructures, forests, etc in the project area
Discuss with the local TSO/DSO when needed.
- CapEx estimation: Prepare an accurate and optimum CapEx estimation of the potential project or investment opportunity, considering the scope of works needed, company’s historical cost database and the market prices and supply-chain for the specific conditions of the geography under analysis
- Technical Due Diligence Report(s) preparation.
- Risk assessment: evaluate the technical risk of the project, identifying all the factors that could affect the development, design, construction and commissioning of the future power plant and assessing its probability potential consequences
- Standardization: Provide inputs for the continuous update of the standards for analysis and reporting of all the potential market opportunities, ensuring that all the information is processed, weighted and presented in the same way for all the projects, in order to ensure a leveled comparison for all the projects under analysis, and the investment decisions are taken under the same premises.
- Company policy and legal compliance: Know and apply the H&S, environment and quality plans to ensure their implementation and compliance and continuous improvement of the activities of the Department
- Coordination of External advisors (if necessary): for Technical Due Diligence works (curtailment, grid compliance,..)
- The company’s institutional representation: Represent the company in front of public and private bodies and institutions on issues related to its competence, securing the interests of the company, in order to obtain improvements for the business plan, enhancing its image and competitive position
Master of Science (Electrical engineering preferred)
A postgraduate in Renewable Energies will be valued
Experience in Wind/Solar PV Power Plants and HV infrastructure projects
Experience dealing with TSOs and DSOs and Korean Grid code
Experience dealing with curtailment studies
Wind Power Plants, PV Plants, High Voltages Lines and Electrical Substations projects
Knowledge of International technical normative and Local Korean Normative
Languages: Korean and English (others is a plus)
Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, multi-national working environment
High attention to detail
Strong statistical and analytical skills
Solved-problems and open-minded attitude
Communicative and sociable
Available to travel often (locally in South Korea and occasionally abroad)