Our client is one of the leading investors in offshore wind projects in Poland and the world. Currently they are looking for Project Director with offshore wind experience to lead their local team. In this demanding role you will be leading the delivery of the B&C Offshore Wind Project, a Offshore WindFarm Development. Project development through to FID including all aspects of consenting, design, procurement and preparation for market access . Potential to play a significant role in the Final Investment Decision and then forward through the construction phase into operation, in a cost effective, safe and timely manner in order to optimise pre-defined targets and the partners agreed business plan. Delivering the B&C on behalf of all partners reporting directly to the Project Board . The role leads in all areas of commercial, financial and technical delivery of B&C through to energization onto the Grid.
- Operational responsibility for the management of the large diverse project team with direct senior reports in development, commercial, legal, QHSE, O&M and Technical Construction preparations.Build a strong project team which will number > 40 / 50 FTE as well as multiple contract staff. The team works closely with sister projects and the UK Offshore team, based in Edinburgh and Corporate departments from Madrid. ;
- Reporting to, and preparing information for the Directors of the Boardon all aspects of Offshore Development including strategy, project progress, budget management, project timelines, resources etc. Successfully managing projects through partners internal approval processes;
- Execute all aspects of the project development, planning and execution to the very highest standards of HSE Management including leading the continuous enhancement of the team and entire project Health and Safety Culture.
- Lead thecontinuous improvement of project management, lowering levelised energy costs and other commercial and development processes to help ensure the organization and projects continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the marketplace and maintain a competitive edge;
- Establish and manage internal and external (contracted) project teams and individual criteria/objectives to measure results against agreed performance standards;
- Accountable for ensuring that the project is fully in accordance with legislation, ethics, standards and good practices across the offshore wind farms industry, tender requirements, regulatory aspects and project and all Ocean Windpolicies;
- Represent the project interests among the stakeholders and business decision forums including all levels of local and National Government;
- Manage all the project team senior staff as defined in the agreed project organization chart. Supervise and assess performance as well asreporting performance to project shareholders;
- Under the Direction of the BoD, define, recommend, implement and follow up the project key performance indicators necessary to deliver the Business Plan, including budget, programme and Project Execution Plans;
- Negotiate effectively with business partners, consultees, contractors and Government officials in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives;
- Help promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organization and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development;
- Take responsibility for the production of relevant project reporting to enable the Project Sponsors to disseminate and manage project approval and reporting information to their respective companies as well as the Executive Board of Directors.
PEOPLE: Approx. 10 direct report
>40/50 project staff and further contract staff.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS: Engineering, Legal, Finance Degree, MBA preferred.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 15 years of Offshore Wind or Comparable experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: . Proven track record in successful project management preferably in Offshore Wind Development or similar. A full appreciation of the primary inputs which drive the financial and commercial viability of offshore wind projects. Strong working knowledge of the project development process and Health and Safety culture and regulations. Good working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, marine logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory matters. An appreciation of what drives the requirements for project execution and operation. Experience in external stakeholder management, public and regulatory affairs and lobbying. Experienced team and public communicator.
Communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. Having experience in the wind or marine industry is seen as a must. Must also have shown clear leadership values and consistency throughout her or his career. Must also have a proven track record of a consistent focus on developing staff and own skills and abilities:
Ability to work in large and complex organization Good interpersonal skills Verbal and written communication skills; Analytical and structural skills ; Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership; As a leader you are clear, visible and courageous
Languages: The project and supporting company wide expertise comes from an international team of employees and the working business language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written. Other languages, particularly Polish, will be highly valued.
Other specifications: Location in Warsaw or Gdynia , but travelling to partner and stakeholder facilities and offices, local construction ports and constructions sites will be required. International travel as part of the Business is required.