Our client is one of the leaders in the wind energy industry. We are looking for a person to manage, control and drive the project sales calculation of the most important Sales deals (“Must Win Projects”) in Division Europe. The candidate will work closely together with the responsible Sales Manager, Tender Manager and many other functional experts to win and close these projects.
The candidate will drive the team, challenge the assumptions taken and look for further optimisation measures to improve competitiveness while ensuring ambitious but realistic execution. The candidate will further ensure that project risks are properly highlighted, assessed and mitigated.
Within our organization you will report directly to the Director Commercial Sales Management in the company’s headquarter in Hamburg, Germany.
- Control and commercially optimize project cost calculations of defined Sales focus projects in Division Europe in close cooperation with Tender Management
- Work closely together with the Sales organization throughout the stages of tendering processes focusing on project planning, execution, financial and supply chain topics
- · Challenge and align assumptions with Extended Sales team, Global Sourcing, Operations, COE Office, Sales & Operations Controlling on all aspects of the defined focus projects
- Create Management reporting, benchmarks and plan-is comparisons
- Introduce and follow-up on target costing for defined focus projects
- Take part in Sales process, especially Gate process for defined focus projects and secure in-time and quality internal approval process
- Coordinate risk reviews along the internal Sales project review process (Gate process) and active transfer of risk mitigation measures to the customer contract negotiations
- Regular cost updates within the Sales Calculation Tool as member of the Sales Calculation Team
- Preparation of regular Management Reporting
- Technical background with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering and / or business administration or similar
- Several years of professional experience in comparable positions preferably in the Wind Industry or similar construction industry
- Strong business acumen with an eye for details and general understanding of the Wind Industry
- Affinity for complex (calculation) tools, VBA coding skills and SQL application skills beneficial
- Project Management experience appreciated
- Strong interface thinking approach
- Excellent English language skills, command of German beneficial