To support his major project in le Treport and Dieppe (2 sites of 496 MW) our client, a large investor in offshore wind projects, is looking for a Contract Manager to follow all contracts and its associated claims for the relevant packages.
- Initiate variations and support claim management team.
- Participate to the definition and implementation of package’s commercial strategy and management plan to reach project’s objectives fixed by the PM and EPCI director.
- Accountable for the contractual negotiations with (package) contractor (EPCI, TSA, SMA….)
- Ensure package’s Contractor(s) acts in accordance with Contractual terms and conditions.
- Manage and follow up of contractual payment schedule.
- Support the commercial evaluation process of Package’s bids with the Procurement Department.
- Follow up of the Package works and other package or contractual activities to:
- Manage pricing, commercial, and contractual consequences associated with other contracts, in close collaboration with other Contracts Managers
- Pro-actively anticipate and avoid unexpected claims in Package’s Contract(s)
- Provide support to the Package Manager, with contractual advice in coordination with the legal department.
- Ensure both Package team and the Contractor(s) meet all contractual obligations, in accordance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Assess consequences of (technical) decisions by Package team and define actions along development and execution of the Package works.
- Monitor the application for payment requests with analysis of contractual impacts on future commitments and associated risks.
- Pro-active contract management and claim negotiations including resolution of issues/disputes for Contract(s).
- Manage and update overview of Variations, Claims & Claims register, amendment, Notices from Contractor(s) and submit relevant reports to Package Manager.
- Ensure that Social and industrial requirements and French state’s bid engagements are well captured in the Contract (T&Cs, Schedules) and its follow-up (KPI and monitoring tools).
- Ensure that the HSE, Quality and document control requirements are well included in the Contract/Employers requirements
- Master’s degree in Procurement, Legal or any other relevant topic.
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial contract management in offshore wind required
- Contract management experience throughout the life cycle of an offshore wind project, including contract change management and contract claim management
- Experience managing ITT processes for contracts in offshore wind sector. (Supply, T&I , EPCI, TSA, SMA ……)
- Experienced in various forms of contract (e.g., FIDIC red, yellow and white books, NEC3, LOGIC).
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Contract management fundamentals, best practices, and industry trends
- Knowledge of project management methods
- Strong Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Very strong work-ethic, communication skills, multi-tasking abilities and innovative thinking with unerring focus on challenging and improving the status-quo
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French language is a plus
The company offers:
An attractive salary plus benefits package, the opportunity to grow within an international team and benefits plus in depth training scheme.