Our client is one of the largest energy generation companies from renewable energy resources in the world, with one of the most impressive installed capacity in wind and solar in the world. Currently for their team in Hungary, we are looking for a Construction Coordinator to join their team.
Responsible for the execution of Solar PV and Onshore Wind Farms (and associated infrastructures) projects, in the whole cycle of construction: from Investment Memo and/or start of tender of construction process up to start of construction (Pre-Construction), from start of construction up to Commercial Operation Date (Construction), and from Commercial Operational Date up to signature of Take over Certificate and handover to Operation & Maintenance (Pre-Operations). Ensuring compliance of execution of projects targets in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, CAPEX and Schedule according with the Company Business Plan and EU&BR E&C Department requirements.
Management of the preparation of the construction of the projects from Investment Memo to start of construction, including:
- CapEx estimation for construction in order to seek approval of the investment and/or bid auction.
- Planning of the construction.
- Constructability review of the projects.
- Regular updates of the CapEx estimates and planning.
- Construction readiness plan, including securing necessary internal and external resources to manage the construction.
- Facilitate hand over of the projects from Engineering to Construction, including the review of all technical documentation and relevant project documentation.
- Review of the documentation for tendering of the construction of the project, including all relevant individual tenders as per project contracting strategy.
- Contribute to the definition of the contracting strategy of the projects.
- Provide technical support during the whole tender of construction process, including review of the offers, technical assessments, clarifications with bidders and support during negotiations with bidders up to contract award, ensuring optimal contractors selection and contracting conditions.
Management of the construction of the projects from start of construction to Commercial Operation Date, ensuring compliance of projects targets in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, CAPEX and Schedule according with the Company Business Plan and EU&BR E&C Department requirements, including:
- Preparation and regular update of the Construction Management Plan.
- Regular control, follow up and updates of the planning.
- Regular control, follow up and updates of the CapEx.
- Management of contractors, including claims, ensuring compliance of the contracted terms and conditions.
- Management of technical assistance and/or specialist services.
- Management of interfaces across contractors.
- Management of changes.
- Management of administrative work.
- Contribution to communication plan.
- Reporting, including management of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Management of internal and external related construction stakeholders.
- Regular control, follow up and updates of the construction management plan
- Documentation management, ensuring compliance with Company processes and tools.
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environment compliance with requirements.
- Ensuring Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Management of the construction of the projects from Commercial Operational Date up to signature of Take over Certificate and handover to Operation & Maintenance, ensuring compliance of projects targets in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, CAPEX and Schedule according with the Company Business Plan and EU&BR E&C Department requirements, including following responsibilities in addition to the construction management related ones:
- Management of commissioning.
- Final compliance check and preparation of hand over dossier.
- Close out of management of contractors, up to signature of the Take Over Certificates.
- Manage and lead the handover of the projects from Construction to O&M Department, ensuring compliance with the Company process.
- Technical support during due diligences processes on construction related matters, including review of the CapEx estimates, site visits, constructability reviews.
- Technical support to the engineering process during development phase, including review of studies, pre-projects, basic projects and execution designs when relevant in order to optimize the projects and minimize the construction risk.
- Technical support to O&M department with the management of the punch list from construction if any.
- Technical support to construction department to contribute to construction excellence initiatives in order to continuously boost construction performance and optimize the projects while reducing the risk.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably in electrical or civil works or similar.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in construction of onshore wind farms, solar PV, substations and high voltages lines.
- Relevant experience in construction of other renewable or equivalent projects in power sector is a plus.
- Experience working in a large-scale utility and multicultural environment is a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / TECHNICAL SKILLS / SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Construction Management.
- Project Management.
- Onshore wind and Solar PV regulations on the country.
- Onshore wind and Solar PV country´s market is a plus.
- Electric and civil works.
- MS Project.
- MS Office.
- AutoCad & GIS is a plus.
- Organizational skills (creating structure and order, boosting efficiency, and prioritizing task).
- Ability to report key indicators.
- Understanding and alignment with corporate culture and/or ability to adapt quickly to the corporate culture.
- Team worker.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to make rational decisions, even when under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to interact with suppliers.
- Strong sense of values and ethics, and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure and deliver high quality results
- Language of the Country of responsibility.
- Flexibility and availability to travel regularly in the country and from time to time internationally.