For our client, an international manufacturer of solar panels and equipment, we are looking for a Claims Specialist for their office in Munich.
The “claim specialist” is the link between the company’s customers, sales, and the quality department to manage the after-sales activities related to the claims. The key role of this function is to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and ensure that warranty claims and resulting actions are effectively managed considering both commercial (S&M) and operational (OPS/QA side) considerations. He/she will be responsible to meet warranty claims KPI in EMEA region.
- Manage the warranty claims process to provide timely and appropriate responses for all claims from EMEA by working with QA and the After-Sales Manager functions.
- Validate claim information and ensure all required documentation is obtained from claimants and other relevant parties.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all claims-related activities, including correspondence, notes, and relevant documentation.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by delivering professional customer service.
- Negotiate the fair and reasonable settlements with claimants or their representatives
- Work closely with Technical product Managers for after-sales related activities
- Monitor and evaluate test installations in EMEA.
Key interfaces: Customers, Regional Sales team, other regional Technical Product Managers, OPERATIONS/TECHNOLOGY/QA Singapore, Global Marketing & Product Management team.
Your educational and professional background:
- Background and experience as e.g. engineer, installer; universal degree is not a must
- Experience in PV technology, manufacturing or EPC environment
- Customer support and claims handling (First Level support) experience will be a nice to have
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information clearly and effectively.
- Can-do attitude, problem solver
- Willingness to travel mainly in Europe
- Fluent in German and English, other European languages are an asset
- MS Office packages, IT-savvy
We are looking for a person who can work effectively across multiple functions and cultures and who has a proactive, analytical, independent and structured approach. Customer-orientation, ability to prioritize, attention to detail as well as staying cool under pressure are crucial for this position.