The civil engineer will ensure the best practices of civil engineering for solar and wind projects being responsible for: managing contractors, analyzing technical engineering designs, guaranteeing quality standards, complying with the company’s technical specifications and controlling costs and deadlines according to company’s business plan.
- ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT: Help the whole team to manage civil engineering solar and wind projects, in all stages of development, from conceptual to detailed designs. Prepare and monitor RFPs of external designs offices managing their performance and quality ensuring project deadlines. Additionally, responsible to develop new processes, methodologies and technical tools.
- SUPPORT TO CONSTRUCTION: Analyze construction civil detailed designs for substations, transmission lines, solar and windfarms detailed designs, ensuring all EDPR technical specifications, deadlines, costs and local technical requirements, always seeking for continuous improvements.
- SUPPORT TO REGULATORY: Technical support for the regulatory procedures related, for example, relationship with DNIT, DER, ENVIRONMENTAL ENTITIES and related stakeholders.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO DEVELOPMENT: Provide technical support to development processes, including technical documentation and CapEx simulations, to assure the best development of those activities.
- BUDGET CONTROL: Guarantee the correct management of engineering contracts, according to the Investment Memo, in order to accomplish the approved profitability of the projects. Control the project engineering budget, keep track of costs incurred and manage the forecast disbursements.
- COMPANY POLICIES AND LEGAL COMPLIANCE: Promote, propose and control best practices of Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality standards, in order to assure their application and legal compliance on the development of the Business Unit activities.
- Coordination with third-party engineers.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Civil Engineering with structural and geotechnical emphasis.
- Knowledge of agile project management.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 5 years’ experience in engineering companies dealing with renewable projects, contractors or similar experiences in developers and constructors.
- English language (Spanish is a plus)
- Senior knowledge in Office package (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook), CAD software (AutoCAD civil 3D, Draftsight), programming languages (eg VBA, VBScript, C, Python, R, PowerBI) and structural civil design software (SAP2000, Revit, Robot, Strap).
- Basic knowledge of regulatory electric sector (regulated/free market generation).
- Previous technical experience in development, analysis and execution of civil works for renewable power plants including: solar and wind farms layouts, earthworks, drainage, access roads, foundations, geotechnical analysis, trackers, low/medium voltage networks, substations, transmission lines, buildings, hydro-sanitary solutions and mechanical assembly.
- Economic/financial wind and solar models’ intermediate knowledge
- Proactive and resolutive skills.
- Strong ability to multitask and excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Exemplary standards of integrity, ethics, quality and productivity.
- Soft skills.