Our client is an international investment firm with over 15 years of experience in the infrastructure sector now focused on developing a large PV project portfolio in Europe. There are one of the leading investors in Central and South Europe and now are looking to expanding their business considerably in the rest of Europe. Please note for this role we are looking with an ENGINEER with substancial project management experience in solar PV projects in Europe. The role ideally should be based in Germany or Switzerland where the company has its offices but is flexible also to other locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- P&L and operations management of projects within a geographically dispersed region with Area .
- Oversee the application of support services: EH&S, Technical & Performance, HR, recruiting, Accounting, business development, etc. to meet/support customer site demands.
- preparation of region annual budgets.
- regions EH&S application and performance.
- region staff diversity and inclusion and staff career development and succession planning.
- projects P&L reporting, variance explanations and performance forecasting.
- Supporting Area/Project managers with technical or permitting matters
- Supporting the board in Project Development activities (support in projects identification and providing support to the due diligence teams)
- Interpreting Contract to Define Deliverables
- Conducting operations meetings to monitor and gauge region and project based performance and KPI’s.
- Supports the board in technical or operational meetings with current or potential investors
- Participate and support region business development activities.
- Participates in new business and scope increase due diligence.
- Prepares OPEX models, identifies staffing level, participates in bid reviews.
- Participates in proposal development.
- Assembles project start-up/mobilization team
- Participates in post-mortem analysis
- You will ensure the application technical resources to address site specific issues and technical demands.
- Makes sure a good provider practice is in place
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements and company policy.
- Monitors region financial performance including compliance to cost center budget, personnel utilization, pricing, customer invoicing and collections.
- Coordinates preparation of Annual region budgets
Labor Relations / Human Resources
- Provides a work environment that ensures fair and equal treatment of employees
- Establishes together with HR team the recruitment plans and budgets for key roles within the structures of the company
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an MBA or additional Business Studies
- History of: 7-10 years of progressive, proven operating environment and P&L experience in the industrial sector, managing multi-discipline teams.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong leadership skills with experience and ability to manage culturally diverse teams remotely
- Strong business acumen and strong commercial analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the renewable energy sector is a must
- Excellent negotiator and communicator, able to transmit enthusiasm and provide a dynamic, exciting and safe work environment for the teams
- High IT skills
- Strong Financial analytical skills, able to interpret financial models, statements and to have the ability to identify changes in them
- Outstanding project management skills