Our client is one of the largest players in the offshore sector and we are now looking for Certification Engineer. The company’s aim is to higher someone junior, with in depth interest in offshore wind willing to specialise in Offshore Wind Project Certification. It is an exciting position for someone just graduated of Offshore Wind Studies or Power Engineering with genuine interest in the certification area. The company will provide you with all necessary trainings and tools prior to starting in the position.
Certification Engineer will be a member of the Engineering team, within the Corporate Technical area. He/she will be responsible for verification/certification process through coordination of the transversal activities between the executed Project Stakeholders and appointed Certification Body throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project.
- Manage the delivery of the independent verification/certification for the Offshore Wind Farm project through 3rd Party review;
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with certification bodies, authorities and any other 3rd parties;
- Define certification requirements;
- Prepare, review and maintain project certification documentation and deliverables;
- Be the SPOC (Single Point of Contact) for activities between the Project Stakeholdersand Certification Body;
- Coordinate all Wind Farm Project certification related communication, documentation andinformation exchange with the certification bodies and Project Stakeholders;
- Review designs, installation, construction and commissioning documentation from certification perspective. Raise certification issues when appropriate and agree onalternative solutions with Package Managers and Technical Director;
- Assess the risk of the certification in the light of the different packages in cooperationwith the relevant packages leads;
- Liaise with other company functions, such Permitting & Development, to ensurerequirements, deliverables and deadlines are clear and feasible;
- Report the progress, status and risk of the project certification to Package Manager orTechnical Director.
Master Degree in Engineering. Other Master disciplines may be considered when backed-up by extensive professional experience
Strong command of English language, written and spoken. Other languages will be highly valued.
- Very good knowledge of Project Certification requirements, standards, tools and practices: (e.g. DNV-SE-0190, IECRE OD-502);
- Good understanding how the certification bodies work;
- Knowledge of local requirements and national standards for Offshore Wind Farmcomponents;
- Knowledge and understanding of the different stakeholders involved in the developmentand construction;
- Knowledge and understanding of the relations between various packages andcertification requirements;
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical design of offshore wind farms, HVsystems, LV systems, SCADA systems, etc., is an advantage.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to coordinate different internal stakeholders without hierarchical link;
- Strong communication skills at all organizational levels;
- Good planning and organization capabilities;
- Good analytical and conceptual skills.