Our client is one of the main investors in the world in renewable energy projects and one of the leading and fast-developing companies in Chile and the world in this sector. The company has nearly 700 MW of projects under construction and pre-construction phase at the moment.
For their local offices in Chile, we are looking for an Asset Manager with experience in managing assets from the administrative, financial and technical standpoint.
- Ensure that teams provide data for the preparation of the budget for companies under supervision, pursuing improvements and following reasonable criteria to validate justified variations when comparing to previous years.
- Review and sign-off management reports to follow-up on companies’ performance, from different perspectives: financial, technical, energy market, etc.
- Ensure follow-up of production & expenses with regards to the approved budget, challenging the variations and obtain forecasts and recovery plans with the respective functional departments.
- Motivate and challenge team to bring business efficiency improvement opportunities over the portfolio, vetting business cases before submission to headquarters and lead follow-up of the selected improvement initiatives until their conclusion.
2. Process and Team Management:
- Periodically monitor and review all KPIs in a portfolio-level, discussing deviations with the teams and implementing action plans to eliminate the causes and reach the expected levels.
- Continuously assess actual performance in comparison to the O&M and Asset Management models, agreeing improvement plans for the underperforming team members and processes.
- Implement management routines with the team to identify and act on relevant issues that affect one or more individual assets, tracking the issues until their conclusion.
- Arrange adequate process between the Asset Managers and the specialist Energy Management department to assure that short-term exposure from production variations are monitored and minimized whenever possible, and energy contracts fulfilment are reached in medium and long term, adopting the best strategy to avoid penalties.
- Identify and provide sponsorship to team members to implement transversal corporate projects in the Business Unit.
- Identify and propose formal or hands-on trainings for the teams, that shall be adherent to the needs identified during performance appraisals and within the available budget.
3. Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Foster a zero-accident mindset culture, by taking part of periodical safety talks and safety walks with the site managers and reviewing incidents, unsafe acts and proposed suggestions.
- Review and take part on HSE Certification process organized by the specialist departments, to ensure that teams and processes comply with all laws and legal obligations.
4. Stakeholder Management:
- Review with the team the actual relationships with Municipalities and other relevant local stakeholders, ensuring that communication & sponsoring initiatives occur properly at local level and eventual claims are followed and resolved, involving Legal dept and other areas as required.
- ACADEMIC LEVEL
Bachelor in Engineering, MBA is strongly preferred.
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
10 years of professional career in energy sector companies. Experiences are welcome either in project management, construction management or operation & maintenance positions.
- English (required)
5. SKILLS / COMPETENCES
- Strategic thinking
- Broad knowledge in energy business and market players
- Strong collaboration & networking abilities
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership in both formal and non-hierarchical structures (cross-areas)
- Systemic thinking, problem solving and decision making skills