Our client is one of the lead offshore developers in the country. For their technical team they are now looking for a technical lead responsible for ensuring that the overall electrical design of the wind farms from the turbines to the connection point (including offshore substation, subsea cables, land cables and onshore substation) complies with the local electrical regulations and standards, and fit for purpose.
Ensuring that the projects are appropriately engaged with key external stakeholders such as the supply chain and regulatory bodies associated with grid connections, transmission assets and generator assets.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the electrical work package associated with the development and construction of wind projects including: grid connection code and agreement/works; onshore substation; onshore and offshore export cables; offshore substations and inter array cables ,
- Responsible for the optimization of the design and supporting the construction stage to ensure that the wind farms have the maximum reliability, quality and safety.
- Responsible for managing the design / engineering of the all electrical components within the offshore wind farms, ensuring that the system is capable to work as a whole and comply with the required Grid Code or any other electrical standards in Poland.
- Responsible for preparing, and providing all the electrical specifications and technical documentation to allow Project’s engagement and to evaluate the suppliers responses, with the intention of guaranteeing the correct and the best application, bidding, construction and operation, ensuring that the determining factors established by the Permitting, Environmental and other local requirements are met
- Responsible for preparing RFPs and tenders, for assessing offers and monitoring contractors in relation to the electrical activities and studies.
- Ensuring that electrical activities are in accordance with applicable standards (e.g. the Grid Code), legislation, ethics, and good practices across the offshore wind farms industry, tender requirements, regulatory aspects and project policies.
- Provides technical support to other areas of the technical department including aspects that matter to the transportation, installation, commissioning, HSE and other departments as necessary.
- Providing inputs to economic models (DVEX, CAPEX, OPEX) on any electrical equipments and activities such as Cables, On/Offshore Substations, grid connection, overall power system studies.
- Contribute to the deliverables, preparation of bids/ acquisitions, the progress reports and presentations of the technical department.
- Ensuring that the electrical function has the required capabilities, skills and capacity to deliver on its objectives, on time and on budget, incl. by sourcing and monitoring external contractors.
- Identifying, assessing and ensuring implementation of a risk mitigation plan to determine mitigation actions & close out of risks.
- Be responsible for objectives, resources and budget across the electrical function.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned depending on the projects stageACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Master degree in electrical or power engineering
Fluent in English both spoken and written. Other languages will be highly valued.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the power / energy sector with experience of working on electrical systems between 33kV and 400kV is essential.
- Direct experience in undertaking or managing electrical system design of ogeneration assets and/or transmission assets is essential.
- Experience on offshore wind farms is desirable.
- Relevant experience in the design, installation and commissioning of HV and MVsystems is required.
- Direct experience on the engagement and negotiations with PSE stakeholderKNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of electrical power system design/study/analysis processes and techniques is essential.
- Direct experiene of MV/HV cable design, manufacture, transport, installation, commissioning and testing is essential, experience on subsea cables is desirable.
- Experience in offshore wind farm cables and substations project engineering/package management is preferred.
- Specific electrical knowledge of the standards associated with the grid connection, including knowledge of key aspects of the country regulatory regime such as the Grid Code is required.
- Specific knowledge of the design, construction and commissioning of electrical transmission and generation assets is desirable.
- Specific knowledge of electrical and Scada aspects of wind turbine technology is desirable.
- Proactive approach to optimizations and improvements.
- A pro-active approach to project and contract management in order to identify risksand opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment, in a consortium or joint venture.
- Strong knowledge and expertise of the JV procurement governance, procurement processes, reporting.
- Strong autonomy, leadership and influence qualities, with the ability to work in different
- Proven experience within a group support function within international environment.SKILLS
- Strong technical skills commitment and problem solving ability.
- Appetite to undertake research and analyze problems from first principles.
- Ability to coordinate between multiple interfacing parties (internal and external) in orderto successfully manage interfaces in a multi-package environment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to take initiative and interact with suppliers and international environment.
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure and deliver highquality results.
- Ability to work in team but also take initiative and be result oriented.
- Ability to make rational decisions, even when under pressure.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic, networking and influencing skills.
- Strong sense of values and ethics, incl. confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
Job location will be Warsaw with frequent travelling if needed.